Friday, June 24, 2005

A real issue-tracker at last!

Trac is evil.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool to use an all, and hey, it's free, but it took a friend of mine the better part of two days to get it running right, and that's just for a "generic" environment for our multi-project Subversion repository.

Granted, when it comes to Apache and Python on Windows we're apparently idiots, and we didn't see the guide on getting it running on Windows (despite much googling and reading of manual pages) until late in the game, but seriously. It was without a doubt the most difficult, hackish install I've ever been through.

In the end I suppose it's worth it if it lives up to it's promises, and it really is a very sweet tool to have around if you don't have a real tracker yet, so I'd still have to endorse it I suppose. Just be prepared to go bald and have all your teeth pulled out by rusty pliers during setup of it.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?