Sunday, January 16, 2005

VS2005 Likes/Dislikes

So since I've been using VS2005 pretty steadily for all my personal projects, I've run into a few cool things, and not so cool things.

First up, the cool stuff: Intellisense is better. The Office2003 layout is nicer. Project Diagrams are cool (if not all that useful). Project Properties are spiffy (even if it's hard to figure out how to get "Settings" values to stick sometimes).

Now the bad: The refactoring support is next to useless. The expansions are cumbersome (so much so that I just don't use them). Intellisense sometimes gets in the way of typing what you want (though not as much as CodeRush). I can't figure out how to turn off the Using Directives auto-regioning. If the "Add Using" support was as clean as Resharpers this would actually be a cool feature (the using regions), but since it's slow, and usually requires mousing around, it actually ends up a big nuiscance.

The long and short of it is I can't wait until Resharper has a port for VS2005. If I could go back to VS2003 + Resharper and still use c#2.0, I would (I can't can I?).

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?